Caring for Your new LANA Mattress:
- Remove and dispense the polyethylene bag. This bag is not a toy, please keep it away from children.
- If a base has been purchased with your mattress, please screw the base fittings in tightly.
- Lift and position your mattress on base or frame. The best way to lift your mattress is on its side and do not attempt to carry the mattress by yourself.
- If your mattress feature handles, they are to be used only for positioning your mattress and never for carrying or lifting.
Caring for the Fabrics:
- We recommend the use of a high-quality Creswick Woollen Mills mattress protector to minimise water damage, dirt, stains, and soiling. (All of which could void your guarantee).
- A mattress protector also ensures it is kept in a healthy and sanitary condition.
- Spills and stains should be treated as soon as possible.
- Gently scrape any solid or wipe any liquid from the surface of the fabric.
- Avoid spraying your mattress with liquid cleansers as moisture build-up within your mattress can lead to unsanitary conditions potentially voiding your guarantee.
Rotating Your Mattress:
- For the first 4 months you should rotate the mattress from end to end once a fortnight, after this period you should rotate the mattress once every 3 months.
Further Care Instructions:
- Please refrain from jumping on your mattress as it can cause irreversible damage.
- Do not sit on the side of your new mattress, it will cause the edge support to bend.
- Avoid smoking in bed as it can be fatal – tiny embers can smoulder unnoticed and burst into flames.
- Body signatures (or “body impressions”) on a mattress are a normal occurrence. As the mattress upholstery intentionally conforms to the body to provide comfort, all mattresses will exhibit body signatures.
- This will occur shortly after use and should not be cause for alarm.
- Rotating your mattress as per the care instructions is the best way to equalise wear and tear.
- Body signatures of up to 35mm on a pillow top and 25mm on a non-pillow top mattresses will not be covered under our guarantee.
- Your mattress must be placed on its side in a van or truck to be transported correctly.
- Using the correct transportation methods will prevent the steel support from within the mattress bending.
For more information on Creswick’s Natural Sleep collection, check out our mattresses page.